Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mango

My friend Stella who owns a Ice-Cream Kingdom down at Henry Park Apartments was so gracious to give me some of her sweet ripe mangoes.

So i decided to make one of my personal favorites : Mango Cake
Its really just for my own personal indulgence :)

Ingredients:

1) 4-5 sweet ripe mangoes
2) a bowl of whipped cream (didn't measure but i think maybe 300ml)
3) Sponge cake (which u can get from your local baker)

I baked my own sponge cake but it turned out chewy...so i need to sort tat out again. :/

==================

So slice the mangoes to silvers of heaven.
Cut across the cake.

Then layer whip cream + Mangoes + whip cream + Mangos
(i think i overdid it lol!! i love this sin lah)

With the remaining whipped cream, ice the entire cake

Once done, leave in the fridge to set for at least an hour :)


I had excess mangoes!!! i cant have them wasted so i piled them on top... You must chill ur cake first before eating...trust me i know.



My sis couldnt wait and i slice my cake...it became lopsided. lol...Chilling the cake makes it alot easier to slice cos the cream is set!



No comments: